This easy candy recipe is adaptable enough to accommodate other add-ins of your choice, such as cornflakes, rice cereal, or other chopped, dried fruit (e.g. dates) or nuts (e.g. pecans) of your choice.
Makes 18 balls
1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Dried Apricots
1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Almonds
1/3 cup raisins
5 ounces white chocolate
1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chop apricots, almonds and raisins very fine or use a food processor.
- Put white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat 15 seconds on medium power; stir. Repeat until almost melted. Remove and stir until last morsels melt. Cool slightly.
- Stir in chopped fruit, almonds and coconut into white chocolate.
- Form into small balls.
- Put the balls on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet; let set 1 to 2 hours. If mixture seems runny at first, chocolate may have been overheated. Wait for mixture to cool and it will hold together more easily to be rolled into balls.
- Drizzle balls with additional melted white chocolate.
Nutrition Information per piece:
3g fat (2g sat. fat)
NOW Foods (n.d.). Fruit and Nut Balls. Retrieved from http://www.nowfoods.com/Foods/Real-Food/Recipes/Fruits-and-Vegetables/079680.htm