These are light, airy and delicious! 1/3 cup measure, yields 12 pancakes
1 1/4 cups unbleached flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup milled NOW Real Food® Flax Seed
3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Beet Sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg 2 eggs, separated, whites stiffly beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup shredded apple
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together egg yokes, milk and oil.
- Add liquid to dry and stir only until combined.
- Shred apple and zucchini add to batter until combined.
- Fold in egg whites. Preheat pan to medium heat and lightly grease.
Sylvia Finlay. (n.d.). Apple Zucchini Flax Pancakes. Retrieved from http://www.nowfoods.com/Foods/Real-Food/Recipes/Breakfast/M082149.htm